Tuesday, March 26, 2013

On Being Wrong

Some things ARE hard to say.

So I think I'll start with the hardest.

I  Was Wrong.


Making mistakes is part of living. It's part of being human, a woman, a wife, a friend, a parent.

Goodness, does being a parent bring out the mistakes.  All of my humanity, smooshed up in a heart that is so full of love, and fear, and a protective, fierce streak that doesn't ever want to mess this thing up.

So it is hard to admit, when it comes to my children, that I was wrong.  That despite all the love, and best of intentions, I was wrong.

I was wrong to allow my children to be circumcised, when they were days old.  I was wrong not to research it fully for myself-instead doing what I thought I had to do, or was supposed to do.  I was wrong to not ask more questions, or read more carefully.  I was wrong not to go with them.

So I'm going to talk about circumcision on this blog.  I'm going to talk about it, because it matters.  I will  share information, both medical and Biblical as to why it matters.  I'm going to share information with you that I wish someone had shared with me.

Here is what I promise you.

I promise you I won't use inflammatory language.
I promise you I won't post shocking or graphic photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment